This post from a 13-year old blogger impressed me. Her comments about celebrities changing the way we live adds a lot to my thoughts about the leadership powers of role models. Some people think it’s too much to expect celebrities to be leaders not just lucratively marketed public figures. But the power of that visibility inspires many celebrities to step beyond a prefab role into a culturally challenging role. This blog shows that the honesty and clarity of Jennifer Lawrence makes a difference to this articulate teenager, and challenges some of the more dangerous norms of the anorexic Hollywood culture. Step up, celebrities! (Step up, all of us!) We CAN make a difference.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Remembering Nobel winner,poet, critic, and activist Liu Xiaobo, with his last love letter…
- Update: Myanmar and Muslim Violence, with Military Leadership Framing the Crisis
- Petra Kuenkel on Collective Leadership
- Update: Myanmar, “A Textbook Example of Ethnic Cleansing…” and Aung San Suu Kyi’s Continued Silence….
- Update: Violence in Myanmar, and Aung San Suu Kyi’s silence
Top Posts & Pages
- 64,955 hits